Win a Mother’s Day Package with Celebrity Cruises
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the Win a Mother’s Day Package with Celebrity Cruises competition (the “Competition”), you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoter (‘the Promoter’) of this Competition is RCL Cruises (ABN 54 150 263 086) of Level 12, 157 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this Competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
WHO CAN ENTER?
4. The Competition is open to Australian residents with an Australian residential and postal address who are aged 18 years or older. The competition excludes employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and all companies and agencies associated with this Competition ("Entrants"). Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
5. Entrants into this Competition must be 18 years of age as at the date of entry in order to be eligible to enter the Competition.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency in order to claim a prize. Requiring proof of identification and residency considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot or will not provide suitable proof (as determined by the Promoter, acting reasonably), the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
7. The Competition commences on Sunday, 13 May at 7am AEST and concludes on Friday, 18 May 2018 at 2:00pm AEST (the “Competition Period”). Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the Competition close date and time, in order to be valid.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including online messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the message due to technical disruptions, network congestions or for any other reason. Entries via automatic computer generation and not attributable to a valid individual are invalid and will not be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
9. To enter, Entrants must undertake the following steps, during a Competition Period:
a) Go to the Celebrity Cruises (AU – English, NZ – English) Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CelebrityCruisesAUSNZ (“Competition Website”);
b) Comment on the post by answering the question: “In 25 words or less, tell us about a woman in your life who has inspired you and why.” By commenting, the entrant agrees to the Competition Terms and Conditions.
e) Successfully publish their answer underneath the post.
10. All entries once made, immediately become the property of the Promoter.
11. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Terms and Conditions.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter shall, in its sole discretion, determine the identity of the Entrant.
13. All entries shall be deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and NOT at the time of transmission by the Entrant.
14. The Promoter takes no responsibility should an Entrant not have internet access permitting access to and use of the Facebook page.
15. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the Entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a genuine disability preventing the Entrant from making the entry him or herself.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or Promoter. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence with any Entrant regarding the Competition or any aspect of it.
17. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
NUMBER OF ENTRIES PERMITTED
18. Entrants are limited to one (1) entry per person. Duplicate entries will be deemed invalid.
19. There will be five (5) winners selected in this promotion. Winners will be selected by the promoter on Monday, 21 May 2018 by 12:00pm AEST at Level 12, 157 Walker Street North Sydney, NSW 2060 based on creative merit. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to draw additional reserve entries in the draw (and record them in order), in the event that an invalid entry is drawn or the Entrant drawn is ineligible.
20. The winners will be notified by 11:00AM (AEST) on Tuesday, 22 May 2018 via a reply to their comment on the competition post. Winners will then be asked to provide their Australian postal address. Packages will be sent by Wednesday, 30 May 2018.
21. This Competition is a game of skill. The most creative and original answers will determine the winners.
22. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
23. There are a total of five (5) Mother’s Day Packages on offer.
24. Valid entries from all entries received will win one (1) Package. The package includes the following: Celebrity Cruises Sheridan Robe, Malala Yousafzai book ‘I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban,’ Celebrity Cruises Wine Aerator, Celebrity Cruises Brochure and Lindt Chocolates.
25. Total prize pool is valued at up to AUD$1,050.00 based on published prices as at May 2018. All prices stated are in Australian dollars, represent the recommended retail price (RRP), include GST and are to the best knowledge, information and belief of the Promoter correct at time of printing.
26. If for any reason a winner is unable for whatever reason to accept a prize as stated above, the winner will forfeit the prize and no compensation will be given in lieu.
27. Unless specified otherwise, winners, and their companions are responsible for all other expenses not expressly stated as being included in the prize.
28. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable (for any reason beyond the Promoter's reasonable control), the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal or greater recommended retail value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from the various lottery departments.
29. Prizes (where relevant) must be taken on the dates specified. In the event a winner does not take a prize on or by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
30. Winner/s acknowledge and accept that some prizes that form part of the prize pool are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
31. If any prize remains unclaimed by Thursday, 24 May 2018, The Promoter may conduct a further draw at the same time and place as the original prize draw as necessary on Friday, 25 May 2018, in order to distribute any prize/s that remain unclaimed by that date, subject however to all reference to any relevant State and Territory regulations. Winners (if any) will be notified in writing within one (1) business day of the draw.
32. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this competition, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
LIABILITY AND RELEASE
33. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter, its related entities and each of their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents, exclude all liability (including for negligence) for any personal injury and any loss or damage (including to persons or property and including consequential loss and loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition; (d) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the winner or an Entrant; (f) entry into and/or participation in the Competition and/or (g) the prize and/or redemption of the prize. This condition does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights an Entrant may have as a consumer, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws.
34. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of a prize.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
35. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
36. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State or other applicable Regulation or Law.