Grass is Greener Competition
PROMOTION – SPECIFIC RULES
1. Information on how to enter, participate and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is RCL Cruises Ltd (ABN 54 150 263 086) of Royal Caribbean, Level 12, 157 Walker Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to individuals aged 18 years or over who hold an Australian Government issued photo identification and reside in Australia (on a permanent or temporary basis) and are available to cruise on Celebrity Solstice on 11 October 2019. The competition excludes employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and all companies and agencies associated with this Competition ("Entrants"). Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
4. Entrants into this Competition must be 18 years of age as at the date of entry in order to be eligible to enter the Competition.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency in order to claim a prize. Requiring proof of identification and residency considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot or will not provide suitable proof (as determined by the Promoter, acting reasonably), the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. The Competition commences on 8am AEDT on Friday 19 October 2018 and close at 11.59pm AEDT on Wednesday 31st October 2018 (the “Competition Period”). Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the Competition close date and time, in order to be valid.
7. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including online messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the message due to technical disruptions, network congestions or for any other reason. Entries via automatic computer generation and not attributable to a valid individual are invalid and will not be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
8. To enter, Entrants must undertake the following steps, during an Competition Period:
b) Within Instagram or Facebook locate the post that announces the Competition (the Promotion Post)
c) Follow the instructions in the Promotional Post and submit your entry by pressing sign up, filling in your correct details and also answering the question ‘tell us in four words or less, why you would #choosecelebrity’
9. The Grass is Greener competition is a Game of Skill. Entries will be judged and selected by the Promoter based on their creativity and skill.
10. There is a total of one (1) prize available to one (1) winner. The cruise Prize is valid for two (2) guests, with at least one (1) guest 18 years of age or older and will consist of a Veranda Stateroom grade cabin on Celebrity Solstice on 11 October 2019, departing from Sydney.
11. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value, subject to country regulations.
12. The winner will be contact via Facebook, email or phone by 5pm AEDT 15 November 2018. If the winner(s) can’t be contacted via Facebook, email or phone by 5pm AEDT 22 November 2018 or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond Celebrity Cruise’s reasonable control, then Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
13. To the extent permitted by law, Celebrity Cruises will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by entrants or anyone else as a result of, arising out of, or in any way connected with the Promotion or its prizes.
14. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to the use of their names, photographs and likeness for promotional/advertising purposes, and agree to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose. Any copyright associated with an entry will be owned by Celebrity Cruises.
16. If you have opted in to receive news and updates from Celebrity Cruises via the lead generation form on Facebook, you may receive these via social media and email.
17. Subject to the regulatory requirements in each State or Territory, the Promoter may at its discretion vary the Terms and Conditions or terminate.
18. Participation in the promotion constitutes the entrant’s unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions may change from time to time. The entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the Terms and Conditions for the promotions at the time of participation. The promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Terms and Conditions promotion generally.
a) Travel must be taken on the date to be specified by the Promoter/is subject to black-out period as specified by the Prize Provider. If a winner and travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel during these dates or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
b) The winner and their travelling companion are responsible for all other expenses not listed above including but not limited to: any other travel or onboard costs/expenditure, pre or post cruise accommodation, spending money, meals (other than those specified), drinks (other than those specified), mini-bar, incidentals, laundry, room service, phone calls, gratuities, optional activities and excursions, freight, excess baggage, ground transport, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance, and all transfers, including travel costs to and from their closest capital city airport if the winner is from a regional area. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
c) It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at the destinations. Any fines, penalties, payments of expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller.
d) All Prize travel will be subject to the carrier’s General Conditions of Carriage. The Promoters and carrier make no representations as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. By entering this Competition, and by collecting the Prize, the Winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the Prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses.
e) The Promoter strongly recommends that all Winners take out travel insurance and consult the www.smarttraveller.gov.au website prior to travelling.
f) Unless otherwise expressly stated, Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices as at Wednesday 10 October 2018 (inclusive of GST). The Prize Provider accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date.
g) Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the Prize.
h) Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
i) All Entrants agree that if they Win the Prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and / or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the PrizeProvider.
j) Prize sailing must be taken on 11 October 2019. In the event a Winner does not take the Prize at the time stipulated, then the entire Prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize.
k) Total Prize pool is valued at up to $2285 AUD based on published prices as at Wednesday 10 October 2018. All prices stated are in Australian Dollars, represent the recommended retail price (RRP),include GST and are to the best knowledge, information and belief of the Prize Provider correct at time of printing.
l) Where relevant, it is the Winners’ and their travel companions’ personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid travel and health documentation. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and their travel companions. The Promoter and the Prize Provider makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
m) The cruise Prize is valid for two (2) guests, with at least one (1) guest 18 years of age or older. During the entire duration of a cruise Prize, a nominated parent / guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age. Any additional passengers are subject to the prevailing standard fare for the selected cruise date at the time of making the booking. The value of the cruise fare is based on the Veranda Stateroom grade cabin and any upgrades are unavailable. The Prize is not transferable to any other ship, cruise or date than that which is specified above.
n) It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the Winner and their travel companions must comply with all the Conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize Provider’s requirements (as applicable). Without limitation, Winners and their travel companions will be subject to the booking Terms and Conditions as set out at: www.celebritycruises.com.au It is the responsibility of the Winner to confirm such Conditions with the Prize Provider or other relevant third parties.
o) The cruise Prizes are a single event trip for the Winner and their travel companions and cannot be separated into separate trips or components. Winners and their companions must traveltogether.
p) It is a condition of accepting a cruise Prize that the Winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all incidentals they may incur during their stay.
q) The Prize must be taken as offered and is subject to booking and availability. The Prize, or any unused portion of a Prize, is not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be refunded for or redeemed as cash. Prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
r) As a condition of accepting a Prize, Winners and their travel companions:
a. Consent to the Promoter, its related entities any other entities determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, using (if any of these parties elect to use) the name, image, likeness and / or voice of each of the Winner and / or their travel companions in any manner and in any media worldwide for an unlimited period of time without remuneration, reference or further notification to the Winners or their travel companions, for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome);and
b. Agree to participate in and co-operate with all reasonable media or editorial requests of the Promoter, its related entities and any other entities determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, including but not limited to being individually or jointly interviewed, photographed and filmed, and acknowledge that the Promoter, its related entities and any other entities determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, may use such interviews, footage and photographs in any media worldwide for an unlimited period of time without remuneration to anyone, reference or further notification to the winners or their travel companions. The inclusion of any such interviews, footage or photographs (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter, its related entities and / or any other entities determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion at all times.
s) The Winner acknowledges and accepts that activities that form part of the Prize are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. Some onboard activities attract age, weight and height restrictions that may prevent some Winners from participating.
t) The Promoter and its Prize Provider are not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place. The Winner must make his or her own enquiries about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel.
u) In the event that a Prize, or part of a Prize, is unavailable (for any reason beyond the Prize Provider’s reasonable control), the Prize Provider reserves the right to substitute the Prize or part of the Prize in its discretion with an alternative Prize or part of the Prize to the same and equal or greater recommended retail value and / or specification, subject to any written directions from the various lottery departments.
v) Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that if his/her entry wins, the Promoter (any each of its assignees and licensees) have the right, in their absolute discretion, to edit, amend, copy, use, publish, broadcast and communicate to the public, the entry in any media including the internet, without any further consultation, reference, payment or any other compensation to the entrant.
w) Where the Promotion is conducted across social media:
a) Entrants’ conduct must comply with the rules of that social media platform.
b) The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants release Facebook from liability for any loss or damage which they suffer or sustain as a result of participating in the promotion.